At its most basic, a digital business is one that leverages innovative technology and has a digital mindset when it comes to interacting with customers. Companies like Amazon, Facebook, Google and Uber are undeniably the role models for how to do it right.
In order for communications service providers to stay in business and compete effectively against these digital natives, they must learn to think and behave more like them. This requires significant transformation efforts in all areas of the business.
Digital transformation needs a complete rethink of how products are conceived and delivered. This means harnessing emerging, open-source technologies such as network functions virtualization and software-defined networking to reduce the cost, risk and time to market for new services.
Read this report to understand:
- Where service providers are beginning to transform their networks, strategies and business processes
- How they are using personas and journey maps to get a better understanding of customers’ needs and wants
- What it takes to overcome mindset and cultural challenges that threaten to derail transformation
- How they are grappling with the challenge of forecasting long-range trends now so they are able to capitalize in the future
- The steps required for success