To meet seemingly insatiable demand for connectivity and new applications from consumers, enterprises and partners, communications service providers are transforming their business processes, networks and operations by adopting business process automation, network functions virtualization (NFV), software-defined networking (SDN), cloud-based applications and, in the case of mobile operators, 5G technology. Managing all this is the biggest challenge they face, and analytics are key to success.
Read this report to understand:
- How and why network and service management must evolve
- The role for orchestration and closed control loops
- How operators are using analytics and machine learning
- Obstacles operators must overcome
- Why 5G is particularly challenging – but also promising
- How TM Forum’s Catalyst program is helping operators address the challenges