TM Forum “makes it real” for members by “providing the collaborative environment to innovate and bring together the collective knowledge and wisdom needed to propel our industry forward through this massive and radical transformation that’s needed so urgently now.”
That’s how Deputy CEO Nik Willetts characterizes the Forum’s mission. To do this, we focus on three key questions facing communications service providers:
- How do I transform my business to be fit in this digital world?
- How do I put the customer at the center of my business?
- And how do I manage and deliver services end to end to enable digital ecosystems?
Willetts points to Frameworx and our Open APIs as a “living lab” where organizations come together to solve critical business and operational challenges, and says the next major focus in our evolution is embracing platform business models.
One of the most important new tools we are creating for this is our Digital Platform Reference Architecture, which “takes slices of all of that knowledge that exists in our Frameworx suite of standards and produces it into the right microservice and componentized capabilities that we can use out in the market today,” he says.
The Forum offers value in three core areas:
- Enabling innovation and transformation
- Optimizing and automating business operations
- Delivering on the promise of business growth
Watch the video to learn more about how our assets can empower your company to enable and benefit from platform business models.