5G will be important, but not necessarily critical, to the success of platform business models. But on the flipside, platforms combined with IoE will be essential to 5G – and could be a killer use case. That is one of the key findings in our latest Trends Analysis report 5G: Is platform the killer use case?
This webinar presents the results of a survey we conducted with 61 telecom professionals from 52 companies, including communications service providers (CSPs) and their suppliers. Results were gathered through an online survey and interviews.
Nearly all the people we interviewed agreed that 5G, network functions virtualization, software-defined networking and cloud-based platform business models are all inextricably linked and represent the best (perhaps only) way forward for CSPs.
Register for this webinar to find out:
- how CSPs and suppliers define ‘platform’
- where CSPs are with their platform strategies
- why open APIs are essential
- how NFV and SDN are related to platform and 5G
- where operators are with their 5G strategies
- what the challenges are in deploying platforms and 5G
- how TM Catalyst projects are addressing them
5G is about much more than a new air interface for mobile operators; it’s about the complete transformation of network and operations architecture into something highly agile, scalable and automated.
Director of Product Management
With thanks to our sponsors: